My Literacy History

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tool Kit Text #10

Through my membership in the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) I have a subscription to Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School. NCTM describes this journal as focusing on "intuitive, exploratory investigations that use informal reasoning to help students develop a strong conceptual basis that leads to greater mathematical abstraction." I have used this publication for both doing research and lesson plan ideas. For example, the latest issue features articles such as:

"Proportional Reasoning with a Pyramid"
"Tailoring Tasks to Meet Student's Needs"
"Creating Transnational Classrooms"
"Integrate Technology with Student Success"

and my favorite, of course:

"Lesson Study on the Farm," which includes extension problems

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home